I created the paintings below for a mother who wanted to surprise her husband for Father's Day. Each painting represents one of their children. I used the descriptions provided by the mother to select the food subjects and arrange the composition. She gave me full reign and left the outcome a surprise. I received a rather touching email from her after I revealed the final paintings to her.
Julia, 6 years old
- Favorite foods: seafood (salmon, clams, shrimp, crab, sushi) & ribs
- Sweets: macaroons; vanilla or mint ice cream; banana splits, dark chocolate
- Personality: Julia fought hard as a baby to survive, and I swear she has more passion about life than anyone I know. She is adventurous and loves to get dirty. She is also very much the first born -- likes to do things right, follows rules, is a leader and little sassy!
Levi, 2 1/2 years old
- Favorite foods: fruit (LOVES bananas, mangoes, grapes, strawberries) & milk
- Sweets: lollipops; ice cream; Smarties candy (but would rather have a banana most days)
- Personality: Levi is very much a boy. He loves loud things--drums especially. He's very stubborn, likes his routine, and is very vocal when he is not up for something. And he really loves and looks up to his big sister!